Sports floor suitable for multi-functional
facilities for international competitive events.
The system consists of a very compact double spring
layer, providing for a double understructure on a
continuous elastic layer in only 42 mm thickness;
that’s why this system is highly recommended in case
of under floor heating.
Model Berna offers high performances granted by a
double understructure floor, concentrated in a
simple and quickly installable package.
Brief technical description:
Sports floor consisting of a double spring layer
made of plywood strips, resting on elastic mattress,
top layer made of pre-finished engineered parquet
wearing layer: beech 4 mm thickness – total
thickness 42 mm.
The main steps of making the sports floor model
- Laying of a polyethylene sheet - 0,20 mm thickness
- as anti-steam barrier, turned-up at the edges in
order to make a small tank.
- Laying of a PUR agglomerate mattress, 10 mm
thickness, in order to make the flooring elastic and
able to absorb players’ impacts, according to the
current international laws.
- Bottom spring layer: 9 mm thickness, consisting of
plywood strips (5 plies), 105 mm width, spaced from
each other and placed parallel to the engineered
- Upper spring layer: 9 mm thickness, consisting of
plywood strips (5 plies), 105 mm width, stapled to
the bottom spring layer, spaced from each other and
placed diagonally to the engineered parquet elements.
- Top layer of the load distribution plate, 14 mm
thickness, made of engineered parquet elements with
tongue and groove, consisting of:
- upper (wearing) layer, 4 mm thickness made of beech,
ash or similar
- middle layer, 9mm thickness made of fir wood
- bottom layer, 1 mm thickness solid wood
- The parquet elements are stapled to the upper spring
- Game line marking of the playing court with colours
upon Customer’s choice.
Sports parquet floor - FIBA certified
EN 14904 Certification
EN 13501 Fire resistance Certificate
Product data sheet
Detail n. 1
Detail n. 2
Detail n. 3